I was brought up with strict rules, manners, hygiene and in a clean environment. Since young, I live in an environment that’s clean and readily there for me almost all the time.
Mom’s OCD was quite bad. Just to name a few:
- she ensured that after my sister & I finished playing with our toys, it’s being kept back to the exact placement and sequence she wants
- she will force me to pick up my fallen hair strands by hand before I can go to school
- She did not allow any textbooks or anything to be placed on the table other than study times (yes, she expects nothing on the table)
It was until I was old enough and living outside at times that made me realize and understand all those efforts that my Mom had put in.
I didn’t know that cleaning the walls, ceilings, fan, door, cabinet, wardrobe, sweep and mop can be SO TIRING. And it’s just a bedroom I’m talking about. Take it a once-a-week basis – I still find it extremely time and energy consuming.
Because of real life experience, I learn how to appreciate and make my Mom & my helper feel appreciated.
- Don’t Take A Clean Environment For Granted
- Don’t take food on the table for granted
- Don’t take clean, folded clothes for granted
Every little thing in life was made possible by lots of efforts by someone. I am thankful.