The other day when Smith extended the invitation to me for this event held at Cookyn by DHC & Watsons, I was puzzled… what has cooking got to do with beauty!
Walked a great distance to this secluded awesome place!
“A brand new DHC is set to hit Watsons stores here soon, as the number one direct mail skincare brand in Japan re-aligns its brand philosophy to focus on “Beauty Inside Out”. With the belief that beauty is more than just skin-deep, DHC is presenting a total beauty regime that caters to inner and outer beauty. The revamped DHC will offer a holistic approach to beauty, health and wellness through a series of new product launches.”
Latest skincare series, the Kakonjuka Range & the complementary DHC Collagen Beauty 7000+
There always will be time to goof around with cameras while waiting for everyone to reach! 😉
One with Jamie!
Presentation by Micheas Chan, Marketing & Merchandizing Director of Watsons Singapore.
Presentation & demonstration by Ms Kimiko Ikeda, DHC Beauty Advisor from Japan.
Self-facial massage using DHC Olive Virgin Oil for draining off water retention & firming effects!
Using a warm towel to improve absorption of beauty essences.
Eye care with cotton pads using DHC Kakonjuka series.
(Photo source: Cookyn)
Here’s the highlight of the event:
DHC Age-Defying Beauty Cooking Session!
Ingredients were all nicely prepared for each table.
Can’t see? Check out the TV screen above!
The 2 star ingredients for the cooking session: DHC Collagen Powder (New) & Collagen Beauty 7000+
With my cooking partner in crime, Elaine!
Will we cook up a storm??
Elaine was trying to be a milk dutch lady? LOL!
Don’t play play. I am a chef okay!
We were so busy fooling around that we didn’t even pay 100% attention to the lesson! Uh-oh!
Nevertheless, Chef Herine’s Baked Buttery Mentaiko Ramen is yummy! I added DHC Collagen Powder in it and it doesn’t affect the taste of the ramen!
Next, we were taught how to make sushi! Woots!
My Assorted Sushi Maki Roll with DHC Collagen Powder! Eating sushi can make me beautiful too!
Time to make dessert!
Yogurt Anmitsu with fresh fruits + DHC Collagen Beauty 7000+!
Who says snacking can’t be healthy? I would try frozen yogurt next time thou coz I’m scared of soft, warm yogurt. ;-p
The mini Ice Cream cone tasted good! The people at Cookyn added DHC Collagen Beauty 7000+ into it!
Thank you Watsons, DHC & Cookyn for the collagen-infused night! I had so much fun!
I brought home these!
DHC Collagen Powder
Description: A high quality health food by DHC, DHC Collagen Powder uses carefully selected natural high-quality collagen specially extracted from fish scales which aims to achieve younger, smoother and tighter-looking skin, through regular consumption.
- Can be added to food or drinks for easy consumption
- Distinct smell of collagen suppressed to retain original flavour of food and drinks
- Packaged in a slide zipper bag with measuring spoon for convenient use
- Uses highly purified and excellent quality small molecule fish collagen peptides for more efficient absorption
- Contains 50mg of Vitamin C which increases collagen synthesis to make skin become more beautiful
- Free from sugar, preservatives, colouring and flavouring
- Recommended daily dosage: 6g (5000mg)
I like how un-smelly DHC Collagen Powder is! There are other brands’ collagen that “stinks” a lot. Who likes fishy smell? Not me for sure. I have tried adding the powder to my coffee & tea other than the ramen & sushi featured above & they tasted fine to me.
Beauty inside covered, now time for some external beauty!
Taken off my press release:
DHC Kakonjuka Range (New)
The Kakonjuka Range, DHC’s new Japanese-Korean botanical series, is a functional skincare series which fights signs of ageing. Formulated with six carefully selected Japanese and Korean botanicals (extracted from the plants’ nuts, leaves, stems, flowers and fruits), ingredients such as Olive Leaf Extract and Trehalose derivatives provide a multi-faceted moisturising effect in the skin’s stratum corneum, improving skin firmness and elasticity.
Active ingredients in the range (from traditional plants from Japan and Korea) include:
- Platycarya – Prevents collagen destruction caused by various internal and external factors like dehydration, ageing, stress, lack of sleep and UV rays
- Grifola frondosa (Maitake Mushroom) – Promotes the production of collagen to give skin its firmness and elasticity
- Glycyrrhiza – Supports the production of Ceramide, Hyaluronic acid and Collagen which increases the moisturising effect while improving skin suppleness
- Portulaca Oleracea – Prevents skin damage
- Sanguisorba Officinalis – Promotes skin health
- Lingzhi – Nourishes the skin’s outerlayer
The new range comprises three specially formulated products which work synergistically to soothe, moisturize and promote collagen and elasticity.
DHC Kakonjuka Lotion
Price: $39.90, 100ml
- Hydrating toner fights fine lines and wrinkles
- Has a dense consistency similar to the essence
- Penetrates deep into the skin’s epidermis, resulting in a more hydrated appearance
- Contains the six Japanese and Korean botanicals
- Usage: Apply an appropriate amount (approximately a 50 cent coin size) onto a cotton pad or your palm and pat over the entire face
I tried soaking 2 cotten pads with the lotion & placed them over the eyes for 2 minutes and the eye area seems slightly brighter! Some toners aren’t suitable for the delicate eye area but this Kakonjuka Lotion hydrated the skin very well! The toner also leaves the skin feeling clean & refreshed.
DHC Kakonjuka Essence
Price: $48, 30ml
- Moisturising serum has anti-ageing qualities that helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- A milky rich texture that absorbs into the skin effortlessly
- Promotes soft skin that is translucent and elastic
- Usage: After applying the lotion, take an appropriate amount and apply onto the entire face or areas of concern
This woody-smelling essence penetrates fast and gives the skin sufficient moisture. With a lymph draining massage, the essence lifted the skin, and thus, firming it.
DHC Kakonjuka Cream
Price: $44.90, 40g
- Nourishing cream fights signs of ageing
- Packed with moisture to improve skin elasticity and density
- Smooth texture of the cream leaves a fresh feeling to the skin
- Contains the six Japanese and Korean botanicals
- Usage: Use an appropriate amount (pea size) and apply onto the entire face
Packed with moisture indeed! Glides well onto skin, however, can be a little too greasy for my combination/oily skin.
For your information, this range of products are brownish in color due to the herbs, but don’t worry, it doesn’t darken your skin. 😉
DHC flagship stores retailing the full range of DHC products including the latest ranges – DHC Kakonjuka Range, DHC Collagen Powder and DHC Cleancea – can be found at Watsons Bugis Junction, Compass Point, ION Orchard, Takashimaya S.C and Raffles City.
DHC products can also be found at the key island stores at Watsons Choa Chu Kang Lot 1, NTUC Hougang Mall, IMM, Jurong Point, Parkway Parade, Tampines 1, Tampines Mall, Vivocity and East Point.